My Bookshelf

Thursday 14 March 2013

Book Break at the Southbank Centre



Do you know what makes me angry? People who exercise at lunch time. To quote Jennifer Lawrence, "I hate saying: 'I like exercising'  I want to punch people who say that." I feel that the slogan, 'There's an app for that" should probably be appropriated and amended soon to read "There's a JLawr quote for that" because there are so many perfect ones for any given situation! Anyway, this isn't unfortunately a post on Jennifer Lawrence or, in fact, on exercising. What I merely wanted to point out was that instead of exercising and making me feel bad, why not go along to Book Break at the Southbank Centre?

Southbank Centre, Coin Street and The Reader Organisation have put together a regular reading group in the Saison Poetry Library. Turn up every Thursday until the end of March, meet some fellow book geeks and talk about books. Seriously, way more fun than exercising. You don't need to prepare or do any homework. Unfortunately, I would say, that you probably need to have a pretty lenient boss as it's a two hour lunch break, running from 12.30 to 2.30.


If your March is looking pretty busy, though, or you just don't think you could persuade your boss that Pret a Manger have released a limited edition sandwich that takes two hours to eat, don't fret! The Southbank Centre Book Club meets regularly at 6.30pm with lots of great books ahead to get stuck into. You can have a look at what is coming up and book some tickets via the Southbank Centre website.

Did I mention that it's all free?

No comments:

Post a Comment