My Bookshelf

Friday 8 March 2013

International Women's Day


Today is International Women's Day. Stylist magazine already stole my idea for a post by giving us some great quotes from women writers. I could come up with something new and original but I figured I can just steal their idea and give you some quotes anyway... so here are some inspirational quotes from great women writers to get you through those last few hours up to the weekend.

JK Rowling (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."
Toni Morrison"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." 
Dorothy ParkerInterviewer: What, then, would you say is the source of most of your work?Dorothy Parker: Need of money, dear.
Virginia Woolf (you didn't think I was going to get through this post without mentioning her did you?)
"A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction."
Emily Dickinson"We turn not older with years, but newer every day."
Adrienne Rich"There must be those among whom we can sit down and weep and still be counted as warriors."
and I'll leave you with this one...
Margaret Atwood (A Handmaid's Tale)“Don't let the bastards grind you down.” 

Some great reads from women writers to start this weekend:

No comments:

Post a Comment